The Evolis Primacy Lamination unit is an all-in-one, affordable system for encoding, color dye-sublimation and monochrome thermal transfer printing, and laminating your cards. Patches and laminates are available with or without holograms. With a 3 year warranty, sharp images, and record-setting print speeds, the Evolis Primacy Lamination Card Printer can work for you.
Click here to watch the Evolis Primacy Lamination video, or setup and maintenance videos.
The Evolis Primacy Lamination unit is the ideal solution for any type of application that requires the production of highly secure cards, with both single-sided or dual-sided printing.
Laminating adds durability to your cards and can increase their life cycle to up to 10 years (under certain conditions). The cards are laminated by “heat-sealing a film (varnish or patch of varying thickness)” over the majority of the card surface, after it has been encoded and printed.
Evolis has a wide range of patches and laminates, available with or without holograms. If security is of the utmost importance, Evolis can develop personalized laminates to meet your security needs. The Primacy Lamination unit can be used with a variety of encoding modules, including magnetic strips, smartcards, and contact-less cards.
Upgrade an Existing Primacy to an Evolis Primacy Lamination Printer
The Evolis Primacy Lamination unit is a scalable and an easy-to-use system. You can connect the lamination module to the printer in one easy step by using Evolis’ infrared communication. The Primacy Lamination unit will be up and running within minutes. If you already have an Evolis Primacy card printer, you can upgrade your system by purchasing the lamination module separately.
The Evolis Primacy Lamination unit ribbons and laminates are easy to install and are automatically recognized by the system.
Your photo identification cards will have maximum durability and a high level of security. Laminating your cards will help prevent incidents of fraud.
The Evolis Primacy Lamination unit is the perfect solution for producing secure cards, like:
- Secure Employee Badges
- Student IDs
- Healthcare Identification
- Driver’s Licenses
- Airport Access Control Badges
- Military or police ID badges
- Social Security Cards
Support for Windows, Mac and Linux
The Primacy Lamination unit is delivered with Windows 7, Vista, XP and 2003 Server drivers. Mac and Linux drivers are available for download from Evolis web site.
Plug and Print Solution
Equipped with a USB port and an Ethernet port as standard, Primacy Lamination unit is delivered with a USB cable and can be installed in a few minutes. The Windows driver and the setup process have been totally reshaped to improve the user interface.
3-Year warranty – The Primacy Lamination unit proudly carries the stamp of Evolis’ strong commitment to reliability, and therefore, benefits from unmatched quality along with a pioneering 3-year warranty.
- Single or Dual sided printing
- Single or Dual sided lamination (Flip over)
- Color and Monochrome capabilities
- Encoding options : magnetic stripes, contact and contactless Smart cards
- Supports Windows™, MAC™ and Linux
- 3-Year Warranty
General Printer Specifications
- Color printing module
- Standard mode: 300 dpi (dots per inch)
- Extended mode: 300×600 dpi (dots per inch)
- Extended mode: 300×1200 dpi (dots per inch)
- USB connection
- Ethernet TCP-IP connection
- 32 MB RAM
- Input hopper capacity: 100 cards (0.76 mm – 30 mil)
- Output hopper capacity: 100 cards (0.76 mm – 30 mil)
- 1-Button and 4-LED control panel
- Printer colors: Brilliant Blue or Fire Red
- Color dye sublimation and monochrome thermal transfer
- Enhanced color management system for top quality pictures
- Near edge-to-edge printing
- Integrated ribbon saver for monochrome printing
Printing and Lamination Performance
Personalization throughput will depend on card design and printer settings
- YMCK: Single-side printing and lamination: 188 cards/hr1
- YMCK-K: Dual-side printing and single side lamination: 140 cards/hr1
- YMCK-K: Dual-side printing and lamination: 110 cards/hr1
- 1/2 YMCK: Single-side printing and lamination: 215 cards/hr1
- Windows™ XP, Vista (32 & 64 bits), and Windows 7 (32 & 64 bits), Windows 8 and 10
- Mac™ OS version 10.5 – 10.7
- YMCKO: 300 prints/roll
- YMCK-K: 200 prints/roll
- 1/2 YMCKO: 400 prints/roll
- 1/2 YMCK0-KO: 250 prints/roll (dual-side)
- KO: 600 prints/roll
- Monochrome Ribbon: 2000 prints/roll
- Assorted colored monochrome ribbons (blue, red, green, white, silver, gold): 1000 prints/roll
Available Lamination Film
- Clear Continuous Varnish: 1200 prints/roll
- Generic Holo Continuous Varnish: 1200 prints/roll
- Generic Holo Registered varnish: 1200 prints/roll
- Clear Patch 0.5 MIL: 600 prints/roll
- Clear Smart Cut Patch 0.5 MIL: 600 prints/roll
- Generic Holo Patch 0.6 MIL: 600 prints/roll
- Clear Patch 01.0 MIL: 600 prints/roll
- Clear Smart Cut Patch 1.0 MIL: 600 prints/roll
- Generic Holo Patch 1.0 MIL: 600 prints/roll
Use Evolis Genuine products for best performance and extended lifespan of your printer
- Printer, print head: 3-year warranty, unlimited number of passes2
- For Additional information download the Evolis Primacy Card Printer Specification Document from our Online Support Page.
Contact Total ID Solutions for pricing and/or additional information regarding the Evolis Primacy Lamination Card Printer.
1 – Under specific conditions
2 – Subject to observance of specific conditions and use of Evolis genuine consumables.