The Evolis Quantum® card printer has the most "modular printing and encoding system" available in the direct to plastic card printing industry.
The Quantum® is a one of a kind plastic card printer because it has "the power of industrial machines for centralized personalization combined with the simplicity of a desktop printer."
The Quantum® has received some new enhancements and features do to the requests and feedback from Evolis partners and Quantum users. Watch the video below to see some of the improvements :
According to Evolis, "the main improvements have been carried out on the card hoppers", however, Evolis has also "improved the card feeding mechanism in order to get a better performance with slighlty bended cards."
Below is a list of the Quantum® improvements, which will enable the users to "save time and increase the productivity of Quantum®."
Improvements to the card hoppers:
- The hopper doors have been redesigned in order to enable users/operators to load or withdraw cards without having to detach the hopper feeders from the printers.
- The weight of the feeder has been modified to improve usability when handling the feeder (magnet-based holding and improved weight mobility within the hopper).
- To make the printer even more robust, the plastic locking pins located at the base of the hoppers are now made of a sturdy alloy: Zamac.
- The installation and removal of the feeders are made easier, thanks to an ‘unlock’ actuator made of metal.
Additional improvements to the Quantum®:
- The loading of slighlty bended cards has been simplified, thanks to a full redesigning of the loading system that now benefits from a spring-loaded latch.
- The push/pull access feature of the encoding module is more efficient.
- For easy operation, the cleaning card can be placed on the feeder without having to insert it in the hopper.
- This new printer model allows for the use of cards with a thickness of 0.76 mm (30 mil) to 1 mm (40 mil), with automated gauging.